Don’t do this to us, Microsoft
Seven is a decent number of CDs for a car trip. A good amount of sodas to have on-hand when your friends come over. And a fine number of days to be on vacation.
Seven is not the right number of versions for a consumer software package. I respect Microsoft not only for the developer tools they build but for the their marketing savvy, which is why I’m shocked they’re making such a mistake with their upcoming Vista operating system:
- Windows Vista Starter Edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic Edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium Edition
- Windows Vista Professional Edition
- Windows Vista Small Business Edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise Edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
In order to help my relatives who’ll be calling when they buy their next computer, I’m studying now for Microsoft’s newest certification test, 70-399: Choosing a Version of Microsoft Vista.
Cool News, Links & Reviews, Software Development | Rob Walling
Startups for the Rest of Us...
Start Small, Get Big
Growth Secrets for Self-Funded Startups. It'll Change Your Life.
What you get for signing up:
- A 170-page ebook collecting my best startup articles from the past 5 years
- Previously unpublished startup-related screencasts
- Exclusive revenue-growing techniques I don't publish on this blog
"The ideas and information Rob provides should be required reading for anyone that wants to create a successful business on the web." ~ Jeff Lewis
If you're trying to grow your startup you've come to the right place.
I'm a serial web entrepreneur
here to share what I've learned in my 11 years as a self-funded startup founder.
Luckily several thousand people have decided to stick around and join the conversation.
For more on why you should read this blog, go here