Fast Company’s 2007 Social Capitalist Awards
Fast Company presents 43 organizations that are changing the world. These organizations have improved the lives of tens of millions of people through technology, microlending, tutoring, mentoring, and a slew of other approaches.
Some notable mentions:
- Grameen Foundation – founded by the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize winner.
- Endeavor Global – created 38,418 jobs in 140 companies, 96% of which stay in business longer than 42 months.
- Heifer International – served more than 7.5 million families since 1944. In fiscal 2004, it placed 384,000 animals; 203,000 livestock offspring were passed on to other families.
- KickStart – Fights poverty in sub-Saharan Africa by selling low-cost technology that dramatically raises farmers’ crop yields and incomes. As a result of their technology, 225,000 people no longer live in poverty.
Cool News, Links & Reviews, Startups | Rob Walling
Startups for the Rest of Us...
Start Small, Get Big
Growth Secrets for Self-Funded Startups. It'll Change Your Life.
What you get for signing up:
- A 170-page ebook collecting my best startup articles from the past 5 years
- Previously unpublished startup-related screencasts
- Exclusive revenue-growing techniques I don't publish on this blog
"The ideas and information Rob provides should be required reading for anyone that wants to create a successful business on the web." ~ Jeff Lewis
If you're trying to grow your startup you've come to the right place.
I'm a serial web entrepreneur
here to share what I've learned in my 11 years as a self-funded startup founder.
Luckily several thousand people have decided to stick around and join the conversation.
For more on why you should read this blog, go here