“Start Small, Stay Small: A Developer’s Guide to Launching a Startup” is Now Available in Paperback and PDF

After much toil, my book Start Small, Stay Small: A Developer’s Guide to Launching a Startup is now available in paperback and PDF format at StartupBook.net.

A few reviews so far:

“Congrats @robwalling for “shipping” – I’ve started reading it, it’s GREAT stuff! :)”
– Peldi, twitter.com/balsamiq

“[I] booked some time this afternoon and pretty much devoured it!  A great read, and I think you nailed exactly the right balance between big picture strategy and very specific and actionable tasks or resources.”
– Mark Roseman, www.markroseman.com

“@robwalling I’ve read only the first chapter and I think it’s the best piece I’ve read :)”
– Akash Manohar, twitter.com/akashmanohar

“Started reading @robwalling’s book tonight. Got about 25 pages in, and I can already tell I’m going to like it.”
– Joel, Ross twitter.com/RossCode

“…an awesome combination of big-picture ideas with tools and tactics to make it happen.”
– Harry Hollander, Moraware Software

If you’re interested, it’s available in paperback and PDF format at StartupBook.net.

#1 Mark Derricutt on 06.22.10 at 9:47 pm

Is it possible to have a native ePub version of the book as well as PDF?

#2 Rob on 06.23.10 at 1:18 pm

I plan to create an ePub version next week as well as look into the process of creating device-specific versions of the book, such as for the Kindle and iBook. I plan to post about this process once it’s complete.

#3 Jimmy Carter on 06.24.10 at 4:04 am

Is it possible to have a native version of the books?

#4 Rob on 06.24.10 at 12:06 pm

This is also on my list; it’s 2-3 weeks out assuming it’s possible (from what I’ve read creating an iBook requires a Mac).

#5 Glen Daniels on 06.25.10 at 2:16 pm

Also eagerly looking forward to an ePub version! I tried converting the PDF with Calibre, but it looks pretty crappy on my Android phone. 🙁 I assume that folks who’ve already bought the PDF will get access to the ePub when you’ve released it?

#6 Rob on 06.25.10 at 3:13 pm

If I can pull it off you will have access to it. Thus far I haven’t had much luck with it. If anyone knows a reliable way to go from a Word doc to ePub that maintains formatting please email me.

#7 Pedro Kroger on 07.02.10 at 12:58 am

To create a kindle ebook (mobi format) you can use mobipocket:

it’s free and works pretty well. In fact, I bought your ebook and converted it from pdf to mobi using it 😉

#8 Rob on 08.05.10 at 3:49 am

If you have already purchased the PDF version you should receive an email within 24 hours with a link to download an ePub version for free. If not, you can purchase both versions for the price of one at http://www.StartupBook.net.

The Kindle version will be online within 48 hours.